Hotel near the University of Puget Sound
With our charming lodgings, on-site amenities, and ideal location, our hotel near the University of Puget Sound is the perfect place to stay when visiting the school. Whether you’re a traveling professor, a prospective student, or just visiting friends and family at UPS, we have everything you need to enjoy a relaxing stay.
Guests staying at our hotel near the University of Puget Sound can enjoy a quick drive to and from the school throughout their stay.
- Travel Time: 15 minutes (9.2 miles)
- Directions: After exiting the hotel, head south on the WA-16, crossing the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. Take exit 3, and make a right on 6th street and another right onto N Union Ave and you will find your destination straight ahead.
Planning a visit to the University of Puget Sound? Check out our tips to plan your day with ease.
- Guests can park in a number of lots surrounding the campus. In order to park on campus, visitors must fill in and print out a parking permit prior to arrival.
- Easily get around using this campus map.
- There are a number of dining options available on-site, including the Diner, Lilis Café, and The Cellar.
- Campus tours are available year-round, with options to sit in on a class, meet with a current student or coach, and tour the school of music. Register for your tour on the university’s website.
- The school was founded in 1888 by the United Methodist Church. Today, the school still upholds its Methodist values while focusing on their mission to provide high-quality education to all that attend.
- A nod to its history in the Pacific North West, the school’s motto is “to the heights” and its mascot is “Grizz” the Logger.
- UPS was named one of the “Top 20 Most Entrepreneurial Colleges” in the country
- There are 23 varsity sports teams for students to participate in, including football, swimming, soccer, and track and field.
Each Best Western® branded hotel is independently owned and operated