Hotel near Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium
The perfect spot to visit with the kids, book your stay at our hotel near Point Defiance Zoo to enjoy easy access to and from this fun-filled, family friendly attraction.
Take the scenic route when you stay at our hotel near Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium.
- Travel Time: 19 minutes (10 miles)
- Directions: After exiting the hotel, head south on WA-16, crossing the Tacoma Narrows bridge. Exit at N Jackson Ave, heading north. Merge onto N Narrows Dr, continuing on that road until you reach N 51st Make a left and a slight right, and your destination will be right ahead.
Plan Your Day
- The Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium is open from 9:30 AM – 4 PM, while special shows like the holiday Zoolights exhibit have specific hours.
- Purchase tickets ahead of time online, or buy your tickets at the gate on the day of your visit! Daytime Pierce County residents and military members enjoy a discounted admission fee.
- There are a ton of places to dine at the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium. For a more affordable option, pack your own picnic to enjoy in the park!
- Explore the zoo with ease using their handy map!
At The Zoo
Founded in 1905, the Point Defiance Zoo has been delighting the young and the young at heart for over a century. Make sure to stop by these top exhibits during your next visit to the zoo!
- The South Pacific Aquarium and Pacific Seas Aquarium features incredible underwater exhibits with sharks, green sea turtles, jellyfish, and many more.
- The Asian Forest Sanctuary features lush foliage, along with tigers, otters, and elephants.
- Stay cool with a visit to the Arctic Tundra exhibit, home to polar bears, muskoxen, and arctic foxes.
- Take in a show at the Wild Wonders Outdoor Theatre!
Explore Port Defiance Park
In addition to the Zoo & Aquarium, there are tons of other things to do around Port Defiance Park, including:
- Five-mile drive
- Fort Nisqually
- Owens beach
- Area map with lookouts
- Shoots and ladders slides
- Rose garden
Each Best Western® branded hotel is independently owned and operated